Job no longer available
We're looking for a benefits financial analyst/underwriter in the Hartford area. If you're on the carrier side and have thought about the broker side, this is an opportunity for you. And if you're on the broker side already, find out what makes this team different!
The company is an independent and employee-owned consulting practice. Clients range from 50-1000 lives and are anywhere from fully funded to self-insured and they have a 96% retention rate. HQ is located on a large corporate campus and has all the amenities including several restaurants, a hair salon, a fitness center, tennis courts, basketball court, dry cleaner, free parking, etc.
What you'll do:
• Gather, organize, enter, and analyze data using Excel spreadsheets.
• Perform cost projections, claim utilization & renewal workups – gather data from clients and vendors to develop
cost projections and evaluation of vendor renewal workups; results are used as part of client renewal and
• Assemble benchmarking data and interpret and summarize the responses for client presentation.
• Develop financial projections, carrier selection, employee contribution modeling, and renewal negotiations.
• Track and report claim experience - analyze actual versus expected healthcare costs and present to clients.
• Commission tracking and revenue reporting.
• Work in conjunction with the team to compile client renewal presentations and strategic planning initiatives.
• Conduct onsite and virtual meetings with clients or business partners as necessary.
Starting base salary is between $100K & $125K (more for the right person) plus bonus and a full suite of benefits. The role starts out as a hybrid position until up and running, 3 days in the office/2 days at home, then very flexible.